CASINO ROYALE: DEALER STRATEGY & SHARED ECONOMICS – A CREATIVE INDUSTRY’S BEST BET – BY SHADOWBOX MVMNT
When comparing a Las Vegas casino to the Music Industry (and/or the Arts and Entertainment industry as a whole); distinct similarities, (beyond the multi-billion dollar annual revenues) are heavily apparent. Kindred to a lottery, and just like a casino in the city of Las Vegas, NV (for the purpose of this piece); the Music Industry deploys new modes of volatility that preach to the nature of high “risk” and equally high “reward”. The internet gave us the ability to become superstars overnight, severely disrupting both the traditional path to entry, and the artist to fan ratio. Superstars boasting an assortment of talents, have been molded into internet “Influencers”; whom are: self branded (individual and/or group), and scaled across selective social metrics focused on the likes audience and engagement.
The key “gatekeepers” and “middle men” in various markets (beyond entertainment) that “once were”, have either vanished from their state of supremacy, and/or evolved through new methods of impact and authority now present due tp technical advance. Music Industry data currently concludes that U.S. listeners are spending more money on music than ever before. Total music revenues include the likes and mix of:
- On-Demand Sales
- Physical Sales
- Radio Play
- Live Events
- Advertising/Branded Partnerships
and rose to roughly $43.7 Billion year in 2019. Yet, of that portion, the artists (whom are at the core of this billion dollar figure) will only take home twelve (12%) percent of the cut. The instability and uncertainty surrounding the act (and profession) of independent artistry, is as transparent as ever, begging the concept of “social capital” to become more relevant by the hour. The notion behind professional, friend, follower, and/or fan based:
has slowly transformed into a crowd sourced system of “social support”. Thankfully, this form of digital camaraderie is “finally” translating into real monetization models and earning mechanisms through alternative support (financial) systems that are “finally” achieving proof of validation. Per the independent artist and/or brand (for the sake of this discussion) taking their vision to market; it’s highly evident that the “little things” have the increasing ability to make a profound impact, similar to a tip a casino dealer may receive after dealing his/her table.
Tips are actually referred to as the “grease” by which lubricates the gears of the “Las Vegas Casino Industry”. Research suggests that these traditional financial gestures account for roughly 80%-90% of a Casino Dealer’s income, and seasoned gamblers know that tipping (or “toking” as it’s been called), is a great way to say thank you, and prospectively ensure a stronger relationship. The term “Tokes” became an interest to us early on, because the act embodies the chief intent behind our network and forthcoming ERC 223 Token. “Tokes” (short for “Tokens of Appreciation” and a reference to “Tips”) are extremely important because:
- Casino Dealers are Members of a Critical Community and Should Never be Overlooked, Yet Valued in Their Own Right; and “Tokes” Speak to this Sentiment.
- Every Now and Again, a “Toke” Can Equal a Ridiculous Sum of Money, at the Conclusion of a Game that is Handled by the Casino Dealer.
- The Toke Can be Shared (i.e Split Evenly) Across Wide Spectrums of Selective Financial/Social Positions; and a Collaborative Action of this Manner, Can Increase the Chances of a “High Reward”, Whilst Igniting the “Selective” Presence of Economic Equilibrium and “Low Risk” Environment.
Controlled measures, are what a large portion of independent artists (particularly musicians) hope to see more of, as square up against a very lucrative 2020 “Do It Yourself” (DIY Market), and strive to achieve support from “likes” to “listens” (and everything in between) across digital mayhem. Casino Dealers, will equally hustle hard to acquire tips, because they too play on a field by which outcomes vary, and severe competition is the norm. Kindred to our blueprints, “Toke Models” are controlled and calculated, per the organic intent of seeking sustainable growth and stability vs. discrepancy and volatility. Here is an example of a “Toke Model” for shared tips by a “casino dealer collective”.
Please Note: Dealers operate systematically, typically dealing (25) to (30) hands per hour, and are rotated accordingly to a different table, every (30) minutes. Dealers work across a spectrum of gaming tables that range from “low” to “high” (like an economic class system), handling player activity at:
- “Low-Limit” Tables – A. High Frequency of Customers; B.)Adequate Probability of Achieving a Toke; C.) Average Tokes (Range) = $1.00 -$10.00.
- “Mid-Limit” Tables – A.) Sufficient Frequency of Customers; B.) High Probability of Achieving a Toke; C.) Average Tokes (Range) = $15.00-$50.00.
- “High-Limit” Tables A.) Particular Frequency of Customers B.) Selective Probability of Achieving a Toke; C.) Average Tokes (Range) = $50.00-$50,000.00 plus.
Per the Casinos, and the dealers that work within their guided infrastructure for toking, we learn that tokes are shared differently amongst different people, table limits, cohorts, and properties. While some casino dealers split tokes by shift, other casinos might order dealers to split their profit by section. Here is the typical (example) process for collection and payout executed through a “Toke Model”:
- Tokes are Collected by Dealers.
- Tokes are then to be “Dropped” Once a Day, and Relayed to the Security Department to Come By and; A.) Replace the Used Toke Boxes with Empty Ones; B.) Return Again on Rotation to Repeat the Action.
- Tokes are Counted by a Group of Dealers on Shift, and the Total is Documented Accordingly.
- The Tokes are All Added together at the end of each pay period, and Divided Evenly Amongst All of the Hours Worked by All of the Dealers and the Total Amount Collected.*
- The “House” or Casino Initiates Their “Cut” (Payment) Accordingly, After the Act of Shared Distribution is Concluded.
Please Note: “Toke Models” can also integrate daily pools to serve as a methodology for tracking tokes on a twenty four (24) hour basis; paying out the shares that were collected on the specific days and hours worked vs. an entire pay period. Just like the importance behind the acquisition(s) of online social support (reference the scaled and self branded influencer); the deployment and collection of tokes and toke models can drastically vary across limits, casinos, dealers, and outcomes. Yet, with a “toke”, and the procedures in play, what remains stable, is:
- The Ability to Relay a Simple Financial Gesture into a Powerful Earning Model/Component.
- The Rotational Consistency and Regulated Terms/Conditions Set Forth by the House and Dealers in Participation.
Impact is delivered by this “now” very common practice growing rapidly in the world of Las Vegas casino dealing, and we believe it’s very positive. The “toke” protocol, and its ability to incorporate regulation, while offering a variance of probability based earning mechanisms; speaks volumes the thought processes taking place at the core of our venture’s intent. The nature of common (crowd-sourced) “good” and financial profit operates at the center of our ERC 223 Token (and core business models in motion since 2010-2012. We believe in the strength of sharing, the enhancement of equality, and the ability to remove some of the risk that is present within the profession of independent artistry. Sharing models (social and economic), using the “toke” for example, have proven to:
- Discourage Inappropriate Relationships Between Dealers and Players
- (Assumed To) Motivate all Dealers to Create a Generally Friendly Atmosphere, Because all of the Dealers Benefit when Players “Toke” More.
- Erase All of the Imbalances Across the Spectrum from “High” to “Low” Limits and Tables.
Constructing and calculating formulas centralized on new liquidity models, is a gratified task we take on. Our dedicated spirit yearns to release some “value”; (may it be past, present, and/or future), back into the bleeding industry cycles. We do not feel that it is anywhere near acceptable, to assume that industries in Music, Media, and Merchandising (if there is an agenda and/or branding package - as applicable) boasts a spiraling worth that remains volatile and in in question; as will the estimates behind many creative industries operating through:
- Unfathomable Levels of Technological Furtherance
- The Overburden of “Alternative” Financial Scaling Encompassed in Methodologies that are Unsuitable for Fostering Unionized Support and Sufficient Regulation.
- The Impact of Theoretical Speculation
We are moving towards a position, where “hypothetical” majorities and minorities, are essentially engaging in music industry bids and investments, that are dangerously, and ironically, “hypothetical” in their own right. The internet is extremely capable of servicing confusion and chaos through the increasing absence of traditional measures that (prior to the rise in web based influence) could sustain the traditional goals and criteria, by which company “traditional” economic/monetary analyses. Historical doctrines by which our financial systems were rooted upon, and are now facing extinction; without clear comprehension for the protocols that may assist with the adaptation and adoption necessary, to survive in a digital economy. Ecosystems (particularly creative ones) need redefinition and restructure simply they are now characterized by:
- “Redundancies” in the Revenue and Costs of the System
- Multiple Rights Holders and Stakeholders with Conflicting Interests Because of these “Redundancies”.
The efforts on behalf of this piece, are to directly:
- Inform our Audience Regarding Discussions Relevant to the Arts and Entertainment (A & E) Industry
- Detail the Power and Potential in Peer-to-Peer and/or Shared Economy Modeling.
- Discuss the Importance of Restructuring Industry Ecosystems that have Been Ambushed by the Unfair and Equitable Allocation of Costs and Benefits
- Reference the Conflict and Distrust Between the Entities that A.) Markets the Art; B.) Creates the Art; C.) Speaks for the Artist in Charge of the Art.
Facing the facts, it’s clear that the muddle and misfortune, relative to creative rights management, and the difficulty to adapt to the changing content distribution platforms (while consistently learning to operate within new systems), that now require you to pivot as landscapes shift at a speed much greater than anticipated. To conclude, systematic and “shared” systems like the “Toke Model” can play a heavy hand in rebuilding and sustaining our economic class system and online infrastructure. We must do our duty, to understand the importance of re-instating an evaporated “Middle Class” in America by which will see its official curtain close unless action is taken. What can you do to rectify the colossal volumes of depreciation arising across significant chains of value and exclusivity? Has “Creative Destruction” arrived? Stay tuned….
Shadowbox will always move in the “shared” direction, and now falls under certain classifications that state the likes of “Commodity Money”, “Content Backed Securities”, “Socially Backed Finance”, “Utilities”, “Social Securities, and Exchanges”, and/or Social Banking Solutions). Our shared marketplace and tokenized asset will automatically reward its holders and contributors dividends and systematic payments (individual and shared) in Ethereum (ETH) using Smart Contracts. Moving to the Blockchain, we now behold the regulated ability to manipulate digital assets that may legally represent the likes of financial instruments, custom currencies, decentralized exchanges, and financial derivatives. Through the creation of this Token, our mission is to:
- Deliver a Spirit of Social Awareness that Compels to Positive Action
- Capture New Value While Restoring Regulation
- Assist in Sustaining Creative Markets
- Explore the Laws and Token-Economics Behind Social/Content Backed Securities and Virtual Assets
Shadowbox remains a cohesive community and creative network launching into Beta [V3]. With use of Blockchain Technology and alternative financial systems (i.e. Cryptocurrency), we are even more focused on re-revolutionizing and stabilizing select markets in the Arts and Entertainment Industry. Moving forward (building out as a decentralized platform accompanied by its own virtual token system), Shadowbox is focusing on:
- The Development of Beta [V3]
- Delegating Ambassadors
- Methodologies Behind Token Distribution
- Adoption by Both Validators and Companies
- Capturing a Significant Portion of the Existing Blockchain Market
- Working Diligently with the SEC and IRS to Establish the Regulatory Protocols, Procedures, and Policies that Accompany the Traditional Means of:
with our SHBOX ERC Token preparing for initial offering and exchange.
TOKE (N) – ETH
We built Shadowbox to assist artists, whom are now in charge of their own ecosystem. As we fuse our initiatives into a crypto based system using Ethereum and Blockchain, not only can we still facilitate the action of shared earnings, we can explore the use of exotic (token based) derivatives, and dig into the evolution of financial transparency behind the action(s) of social:
In order to generate new asset classes and foster the act of “Crowd Capitalizing”, we remain fixated on leveraging content as a commodity, audience as a metric, and incentive as a scale, to initiate creative exclusivity and financial well being. Ethereum derives from its ability to bring newfound opportunities to spread equality and transparency, giving creative innovators (contributing to our network), the ability to work, earn, and share profits evenly across social classes. through a set of technical, ethical, and commercial standards, the Shadowbox ecosystem can enable an entirely new marketplace for music, media, and merchandise to flourish dramatically.