CASINO ROYALE: DEALER STRATEGY & THE SHARED ECONOMY-A CREATIVE INDUSTRY’S BEST BET – SHADOWBOX MVMNT
When comparing a Las Vegas Casino to the Music Industry (and/or the arts and entertainment industry as a whole), we notice distinct similarities, beyond the multi-billion annual revenues. Kindred to a lottery, and just like a casino in Las Vegas, NV, the music industry deploys new modes of volatility that preach to the nature of high “Risk” and equally high “Reward”. The internet gave us the ability to become superstars overnight, severely disrupting both the traditional path to entry and the artist to fan ratio. The key gatekeepers in distinct entertainment markets that “once were”, have either vanished from their state of supremacy, or evolved through new methods of impact and authority influenced by technical advance.
Music industry data currently concludes that U.S. listeners are spending more money on music than ever before. Total music revenues include the likes of:
- On-Demand Streams
- Physical Sales
- Radio Play
- Live Events
and have risen to about $43.7 Billion a year. Yet, of that portion, artists only take home roughly (12%). The instability and uncertainty around the act (and profession) of independent artistry is as transparent as ever, begging the concept of “Social Capital” to become more relevant by the hour. The concept of professional, friend, follower, and/or fan-based:
has slowly evolved into a crowd sourced system of “Social Support”. This form of digital camaraderie is “finally” translating into real monetization models and earnings through alternative support/financial systems; and “finally” achieving proof of validation. For the independent artist or brand, it’s apparent that the “little things” have the increasing ability to make a profound impact, similar to a tip a casino dealer may receive after dealing his/her table.
Tips are actually referred to as the “grease” by which lubricates the gears of the “Las Vegas Casino Industry”. Research suggests that these financial gestures account for roughly 80%-90% of a casino dealer’s income, and seasoned gamblers know that tipping, or “Toking” as its been called, is a great way to say thank you, and prospectively ensure a stronger relationship. The term “Tokes” became an interest to us early on, simply because this random act of gratitude embodies the chief intent behind our network and forthcoming ERC Token. “Tokes” (short for “Tokens of Appreciation” and/or a reference to tips) are critical because:
- Casino Dealers are Members of the Community that Should Never be Overlooked, Yet Valued in their Own Right, & “Tokes” Speak to this Sentiment.
- Every Now and Again, a “Toke” can Equal a Ridiculous Sum of Money, at the Conclusion of a Game that is Handled by the Casino Dealer.
- The Toke can be shared (split) evenly across wide spectrums of selective financial/social positions; & a collaborative action of his manner, can Increase the Chances of a High reward, Whilst Igniting the Presence of Equilibrium.
Like musicians today, whom face a 2020 DIY market valued at $1 Billion and strive to achieve support from “likes” to “listens” (and everything in between) across digital mayhem, Casinos Dealers, whom equally hustle to acquire tips, also play on a field by which outcomes vary and severe competition is the norm. Kindred to our blueprints, Toke Models must be controlled and calculated per the intent of seeking sustainable growth and stability vs. discrepancy and volatility. Here is an example of a “Toke Model” for shared tips by a Casino Dealer collective:
Dealers operate systematically, typically dealing (25) to (30) hands per hour, and are rotated accordingly to a different table, every (30) minutes. Dealers work across a spectrum of tables similar to an economic class system ranging from “High” to “Low” with players at:
- “Low-Limit” Tables-High Frequency of Customers/Adequate Probability of Achieving a Toke/ Average Tokes (Range) = $1.00-$10.00
- “Mid-Limit” Tables-Sufficient frequency of Customers/High Probability of Achieving a Toke/ Average Tokes (Range) = $15.00-$50.00
- “High-Limit” Tables-Particular Frequency of Customers/Selective Probability of Achieving a Toke/Average Tokes (Range) = $50.00-$50,000.00+
Per the Casinos, and the dealers that work within their guided infrastructure, tokes are shared differently amongst different people, table limits, cohorts, and properties. While some casino dealers split tokes by shift, some casinos might order dealers to split by section. Here is the typical (selective) process for collection and payout:
- Tokes Are Collected by Dealers.
- Tokes Are Then To Be “Dropped” Once a Day, & Relayed to the Security Department To Come by, Replace the Used Toke Boxes With Empty Ones, & Return Again on Rotation To Repeat the Action.
- Tokes Are Counted by a Group of Dealers on Shift, & the Total Is Documented Accordingly.
- At the End of Each Pay Period, the Tokes Are all Added Together, & Divided Evenly Amongst all of the Hours Worked by All the Dealers & the Total Amount Collected.
- *The “House” or Casino Initiates Their “Cut” or Payment Accordingly After the Act of Shared Distribution Is Concluded.
*Please Note: Daily pools can also serve as a methodology to keep track of tokes on a (24) hour basis, and pay out the shares that were collected on the specific days and hours worked vs. an entire pay period. Just like the acquisition(s) of online social support, the deployment and collection of tokes and toke models can drastically vary across limits, casinos, dealers, & outcomes. Yet, with a “Toke”, and its procedures in play, what remains stable, is:
- The Ability To Relay a Simple Financial Gesture Into a Powerful Earning Mechanism Component.
- Rotational Consistency & Regulated Terms/Conditions Set Forth by the House &/or Dealers in Participation.
Why is the concept of the Toke so important? For us, this common practice is growing in the world of Las Vegas casino dealing, and embodies the nature of common good and financial profit that lies at the center of our ERC Token and business model in motion since 2012. We believe in the strength of sharing, the enhancement of equality, and the ability to remove some of the risk behind the profession of independent artistry (and other professions for that matter). Sharing models (social and economic), using the “Toke” for example, have proven to:
- Discourage Inappropriate Relationships Between Dealers & Players.
- (Assumed to) Motivate all Dealers To Create a Generally Friendly Atmosphere, Because all of the Dealers Benefit When Players Toke More.
- Erase all of the Imbalances Across the Spectrum From “High” To “Low” Limits & Tables.
ABSTRACT – SHBOX
Shadowbox moves in the direction intended since 2010, where classifications state the likes of “Commodity Money”, “Content Backed Securities”, “Socially Backed Finance”, “Utilities”, “Social Securities, and Exchanges”, and/or Social Banking Solutions). Our multi-media network and tokenized asset will automatically rewards its holders and contributors dividends and systematic payments (individual and shared) in Etherium (ETH) using Smart Contracts. Moving to the Blockchain, we now behold the regulated ability to manipulate digital assets that may legally represent the likes of financial instruments, custom currencies, decentralized exchanges, and financial derivatives. Through the creation of this Token, and Beta [V3], our mission is to:
- Deliver a Spirit of Social Awareness That Compels to Positive Action
- Capture New Value While Restoring Regulation
- Assist in Sustaining Creative Markets
- Explore the Laws & Token-Economics Behind Social / Content Backed Securities
Shadowbox remains a cohesive community and creative marketplace launching into Beta [V3]. With use of Blockchain Technology and alternative financial systems (i.e. cryptocurrency), we are even more focused on re-revolutionizing and stabilizing select creative markets. Moving forward (building out as a decentralized platform accompanied by its own virtual token system), Shadowbox will focus on:
- The Development of Beta [V3]
- Delegating Ambassadors
- Methodologies Behind Token Distribution
- Adoption by Both Validators & Companies
- Capturing a Significant Portion of the Existing Blockchain Market
- Working Diligently with the SEC & IRS to Establish the Regulatory Protocols, Procedures, & Policies that Accompany the Traditional Means of:
with our SHBOX ERC Token preparing for initial offering and exchange.
TOKE (N) – ETH
We built Shadowbox to assist artists, whom are now in charge of their own ecosystem. As we fuse our initiatives into a crypto based system using Etherium and Blockchain, not only can we still facilitate the action of shared earnings, we can explore the use of exotic (token based) derivatives, and dig deep into the sincere evolution of financial transparency behind the action(s) of social:
Through our system, shared revenue and payments are generated through calculated intervals, with new options for extended earnings through our communal fund (now referred to as the Token). More details to follow.
AUTHOR: John Whitman,Founder